Redoing My Bedroom

Hey!!!

So I recently redid my bedroom because I wasn’t loving it and hardly spent any time in it. I think it’s so fun to decorate and change up your room every once and a while, even if it’s just adding a colourful pillow for the springtime. It can be pretty uninspiring to live in a room that’s dull and I wanted to make my bedroom somewhere I would spend more time reading or studying in. My bedroom before redoing it was actually pretty nice, but I had outgrown it and needed a change. I didn’t want to spend too much money so I did a lot of diying, which is actually more fun because you can be really creative with it. Of course, you can completely redo a room without picking up a paintbrush. My walls were a bright turquoise that I had picked out a few years earlier and had outgrown. I still love the colour but I find bright shades to be pretty overwhelming in a bedroom. Plus, I had always wanted a white room that could never be outgrown and would make it easy to change up colours in the space. So, I painted my blueish-greenish walls white.



Before...

After!

The white walls make the room feel bigger and brighter. Another thing I did was remove my white shag rug and replace it with a smaller multicolour rug from Ikea (find it here.) It’s nice to see more of the wood floor that was covered up before.

Before...

After!


I really love the look of a gallery wall with different art prints and photos as a way to decorate walls. To save some money, I bought clipboards and spray painted their clips matte black. I hung these on the wall with some other frames and a super cool wall grid I got from Target (find it here.)

Lastly I added things like plants and twinkle lights to make my bedroom feel more relaxed and homey. Most of the decorations pictured below are diys using supplies from around my house (proof that decorating doesn’t have to be too expensive.) My biggest tip to make a white bedroom feel cozier, is to add colours and natural elements like wood and plants.

 


In the end I’m really happy with how my room turned out! Let me know what you think in the comments. (:

-Maya August



Comments

Popular Posts