Little Shopping Getaway

This past week was my spring break (thank goodness😌). Since I didn’t have many plans aside from reading and hanging out with a few friends, we decided to drive down to Grand Forks in North Dakota to do some shopping. Obviously Grand Forks is no shopping capital or anything like that, but it does have Target, and Target is ALWAYS worth the trip. Usually we just stop here for an hour or so on our way to another destination, but we never go anywhere far from the main road. So, to really have enough time to do some exploring, we booked a hotel room overnight. The first thing I knew we needed to do, after Target of course, was check out downtown. They have a few really cute streets I’d never been down with boutiques and a surprising amount of sculptures.






Two really great boutiques we stopped at were Kittsona and Curious Clothing. Kittsona has two shops within walking distance. One is a clothing store and the other has home goods. Curious Clothing is kind of similar to Kittsona’s clothing boutique because their clothing is very stylish and current.

Kittsona’s clothing



Another one I really liked was a consignment shop called True Colors. This is where I found my warm fluffy white cardigan for 12$!! It definitely kept me warm when it started snowing later that day (I thought this was SPRING Break).

My new cardigan
We had really great luck in all the stores we went to. As a case in point, we decided to check out a random little thrift shop on the side of the road and it turned out to have lots of awesome things! They must get donations from bigger stores around the city, because they had lots of brand new items like jewelry, clothing, and nice modern furniture I recognized from seeing in Target earlier! The thrift shop was called Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch and the funds go toward a really good cause. Read more about it here.

For supper we went to a brew pub called Rhombus Guys that makes really tasty wood fired pizza.

The Aftermath

I think it’s really good to get out of the city, even if it’s just for one night. For me, spring break seems to last longer when I fill it with fun plans. I had a lot of fun doing some shopping and trying new restaurants. Also who doesn’t love a road trip? And it makes it better that Grand Forks is only 2.5 hours away from Winnipeg, so my legs didn’t even have time to fall asleep (always a plus). 

-Maya August

Comments

  1. Sounds like a nice little getaway Maya. Love these pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts