Holiday peppermint bark!


Hey guys! Since the holidays are right around the corner, I figured I would share one of my favourite Christmas baking recipes (although I guess it's not really baking.) This has been a tradition in my family since the first Christmas I can remember, and I LOVE IT. All you really need to make it is some below zero weather, or a freezer, and a few other simple ingredients:

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
8 oz. White Chocolate 
1-2 drops of Peppermint Extract
1/2 cup Crushed Candy Canes

To make the bark, start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt the dark chocolate, either in the microwave or on the stove, and spread it in a thin layer over the cookie sheet. 


At this point we usually put the sheet outside to let it cool, because around this time of year it cools the chocolate faster than our freezer. 

Next, melt the white chocolate, add in the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes, and spread it overtop the dark chocolate. 




 Let it cool/harden completely before breaking it into pieces to enjoy.

Happy Holidays!!


Comments

  1. Looks delish--and reminds me how much I have left to do!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts